Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Last day of school

Today was the last day of school. Is there anything better than the last day of school when you are in grade school?

We always take pictures of the first day of school but I think this is for the parents - they are happy to say goodbye and move on. Today we took a picture for the kids who where so happy. Brian even broke out the pirate shirt. Julia told me she left her backpack behind in exchange for her favorite purse.

At the bus stop, I caught Julia and David reading. For my family: Julia was reading a Peanuts/Snoopy comic book she got from my parents; originally from my Grandmother. The pages are yellow and the print date is circa 1960.
I know I read this book when I was growing up. Some of the things the kids connect with are funny to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment