Sunday, January 31, 2010

Adjusting

We are almost here 6 months.
We have noticed many adjustments in our approach, our use of German, our time spent together on Sundays - many things.

On noticeable adjustment is at breakfast.
Early on in fatherhood, I made lots of pancakes and waffles on Sunday mornings. In our recent years in Chatham, we had frequent requests for Dunkin Donuts.

Now in Germany, this is a typical Sunday morning breakfast.

I went downstairs this morning while the "gang of three" was playing the Wii. I was outside for 13 steps and into our local bakery shop.
The buttered pretzel is standard (Brian and I).
David usually likes the apple strudel type thing. They didn't have it today so he had the mardi gras donut.
Julia likes chocolate croissants or the "butter cake".
Mom always says, "... just get me something that looks good."

Can anyone help me here - EVERYTHING looks good every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment